The Giant Buddha is located at the confluence of three rivers, near LeShan city in SiChuan province.
A beautiful film ...
The Dragon's Backbone rice terraces cover an area of around 65 square kilometers (about 16,000 acres) in GuangXi province.
A selection of songs in English.
Seven great performances !
The songs : * Angel * She's gone * At last * Love me tender * Feeling good * Something's gotten hold of me (it must be love) * Listen
Starting at MuTianYu Great Wall, Beijing.
A 70 minute feature length film.
A film of beautiful Beijing by kinabaloo.com ...
A fascinating, hour plus documentary by CCTV's Travelogue (from the English language CCTV9 channel).
Video Search :
An historical background to the Chinese islands known for many centuries as Diaoyu.
A Chris Nebe / Monarex film.
Warning: contains disturbing images of imperial Japanese aggression.
We think it is important to present real history, and hope that Japan (and the US) learn to live in peace and harmony, in what is and could be a fantastic, diverse paradise right here on earth,shadow=true,start=40,stop=
The Hanging Temple (XuanKong Temple 悬空寺, XuánKōng Sì) is constructed on a vertical cliff face, 75 meters (245 feet) above the ground, at the foot of the HengShan mountain.
The temple lies about 64 kilometers south east of the city of DaTong. Together with the YunGang Grottoes, the Hanging Temple is one of the main tourist attractions and historical sites in the DaTong area. Built more than 1,600 years ago, this temple is notable also as the only surviving temple combining all three Chinese traditional religions/philosophies: Buddhism, Taoism, and Confucianism.
The structure is kept in place with oak crossbeams slotted into holes chiseled into the cliffs. The main supportive structure is hidden inside the rock. The temple is located in a small canyon basin, and is situated under a prominent summit that helps protect the temple from rain and sunlight.
The YunGang Grottoes are located at the southern foot of Mount WuZhou, 16 kilometers west of DaTong. There are 250 caves here containing many thousands of carvings and statues.
The CCTV food series featuring food production, food culture, cooking and dishes. English narration.
1 Gifts of nature
2 The story of staple foods
3 Inspiration for change
4 The taste of time
5 Secrets of the kitchen
6 A perfect blend of five flavors
7 Our farm
The delightful China Central TV concert of 2013 …
* Children of the Dragon (HOU Dejian, 侯德健), performed by Green QIU (QIU Wutong, 邱梧桐, 10 years old), Xiaolong (小龙, 11 years old), and JIN Zhuofan (金卓凡, 12 years old), all from China.
* Memory (musical Cats, Andrew Loyd Webber), performed by Jessie Hillel (11 years old) from New Zealand.
* You Raise Me Up, performed by LI Zewei (李泽维, 11 years old), ZHONG Chenle (钟辰乐, 11 years old), and LIU Bo (柳博, 10 years old), all from China.
* Turkish March (土耳其进行曲), by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (莫扎特), performed by ZOU Yufei (邹宇飞, 4 years old), WANG Liya (王丽雅, 11 years old), ZHU Zihe (朱梓赫, 8 years old), and YE Zifan (叶子凡, 12 years old), all from China.
* He is a Pirate, performed by CHEN Qingli (陈庆丽) from Hong Kong, China.
* I can fly, performed by Teressa from the U.S. (5 years old). Teressa is of Chinese and American heritage.
* Baby, performed by NIE Jieming (聂杰铭, English name: James Robert Nicol, 11 years old) from Australia.
* Spicy Girl, performed by Tianyuan (Chinese name:恬源, English name: Tyerra, 8 years old) from the U.S. Tianyuan is of Chinese and American heritage.
* Kalinka, performed by Russian children from Russian Embassy School in Beijing, and Xiao Ding Dang Childrens Choir of the Russian Culture Center in Beijing.
* Love to Flowers and Earth Song, performed by Fairies in Rain Forest (Chinese name:雨林精灵, Pinyin: Yu Lin Jing Ling). Fairies in Rain Forest is formed by two sisters: Linda LEE (李林妲, LI Linda) and Wanda LEE (李宛妲, LI Wanda) of Chinese and German heritage. Their fater, Josef Margraf, is a German ecologist. Love to Flowers is a folk song of ethnic Hani Chinese, sung in the Hani language. Earth Song by Michael Jackson.
* I Just Can’t Wait to be King (from The Lion King), performed by the Popcorn Band (Chinese name: 爆米花乐团) from China and Chelsey Mark (Chinese name: 麦小龙, Pinyin: MAI Xiaolong) from Canada; Chelsey Mark is a well-known host of CCTV.
* You’ll Be in My Heart (Phil Collins), performed by Ming-An Fasquelle (11 years old, French-American, born in France, raised in Beijing).
* I Have a Dream (Abba), performed by WANG Xinyi (王馨怡, 10 years old) from China.
* ABC (Jackson 5) performed by SH’ Boss Boys from the U.S.
* We Will Rock You (Brian May / Queen), performed by Xiaolong (小龙), Huolong (火龙), LI Shuxi (李淑昕), ZHENG Xiao (郑宵), Tianyuan (恬源), 奥斯卡 (Oscar), 成宇朵儿 (CHENGYU Duo-Er), Popcorn Band (爆米花乐队), Zaizai (仔仔), and Kent Niepert (Xiaolong’s dad).